Alejandro E. Jordan
866-518-2913 (Toll Free)
Alejandro E. Jordan is "Of Counsel" to Alvarez & Barbara, LLP. Mr. Jordan manages Alvarez & Barbara's Caribbean office located in North Bimini, Bahamas. His legal experience includes the representation of real estate developers in the acquisition, creation, marketing and development of real property to the condominium form of ownership. Mr. Jordan has experience in residential and commercial real estate transactions, including negotiating and drafting of contracts and condominium documents.
Additional experience includes the following:
• Representing borrowers in negotiating discounted payoffs (Short Sales/Short Pays), as well as mortgage modifications, from both residential and commercial lenders.
• Managed all aspects of condominium creations/conversions, from filing through approval, for residential, commercial, warehouse, mixed-use, and phase condominiums.
• Conducted residential and commercial closings and refinances.
• Representation of real estate developers in the acquisition and development of real property, including condominium conversion projects.
• Representation of condominium associations, both Developer and Unit Owner Controlled, in assessment collections, lien filings, foreclosures, as well as arbitration of disputes.
• Preparation of corporate documents, such as corporate by-laws, operating agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, and investor agreements.
Mr. Jordan received his B.A. in International Business from Florida International University. Mr. Jordan earned his law degree from The Florida State University College of Law where he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Florida State University Business Review, the President of the Spanish-American Law Students Association, Vice-President of the Dispute Resolution Society and served as the International Student Advocate for the Congress of Graduate Students.
Prior to joining Alvarez & Barbara, LLP, Mr. Jordan was an attorney in the Becker & Poliakoff, P.A.'s Real Estate Group. While in law school, Mr. Jordan clerked for the former General Counsel at the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Condominium Law
- Developer Representation
- Homeownership Preservation
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- Honors: Editor-in-Chief, Florida State University Business Review
- Honors: President, Spanish American Law Students Association
- Honors: Vice-President, Dispute Resolution Society
- Honors: International Student Advocate, Congress of Graduate Students
- Florida International University
- Major: International Business
Past Employment Positions
- Attorney, Becker & Poliakoff, P.A., Hollywood, FL
- Attorney, Sordo & Associates, P.A., Coconut Grove, FL